Electronic Monitoring On-Call Specialist
Pretrial Release Services Electronic Monitoring On-Call Specialist
Salary: $400 Weekly + $35 hourly response rate and Holiday bonus
Job Type: Contract
Department: Community Justice Services
New Hanover County Community Justice Services is seeking a customer service focused individual to serve as an Electronic Monitoring On-Call Specialist. This position requires interaction with pretrial criminal defendants placed on electronic GPS monitoring. The ideal candidate will have previous law enforcement, security, or detention experience.
This position requires the candidate to answer the on-call phone and respond to alerts or emergencies overnight from 5pm-8am weeknights, and all day Saturday and Sunday. The candidate may have to travel to the New Hanover County Detention Center to install EM devices on defendants being released from custody; or meet defendants in the field to resolve technical issues.
Must have excellent communication and inter-personal skills to interact with various groups of people including criminal defendants, families, law enforcement, and supervisors. Must have excellent computer skills, organizational skills and above all else, a commitment to serve the public.
- Provide telephone support and device monitoring for program defendants, to include communicating verbally and via text messaging
- Provide device maintenance, installation and removal utilizing web-based monitoring platform and device installation/removal tools
Knowledge and Skills Include:
- General knowledge of the criminal justice system
- Basic knowledge of GPS technology (like that used in Apple Maps or Waze)
- Computer/technical skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, iPhone/Android, Outlook)
- Experience working within the criminal justice system
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job
- Must have a valid N.C. driver’s license
- Must acquire General Liability, Worker’s Compensation and Automobile insurance (which may be covered by the county)
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must consent to and pass criminal background/driver’s record checks and drug screen
- Weeknights 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 a.m.
- Weekends and Holidays
Send Resume and three (3) references to Michelle Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org