How do I apply for a job with DSS?

The New Hanover County Department of Human resources accepts applications on behalf of the Department of Social Services. Applications for Economic Services are accepted on an on-going basis and are maintained by the County Department of Human Resources. The Department of Social Services requests applications as vacancies occur.

All other vacancies are advertised. The County Department of Human Resources accepts applications for these vacancies as they occur and forwards them to the Department of Social Services.

You may contact the Department of Human Resources regarding the status of vacancies within the county, including the Department of Social Services. The number is 910-798-7178. New Hanover County also has a "Job Line" number that consists of a recording listing job opportunities within the county. That number is 910-798-7163. You may also visit New Hanover County's website.

Show All Answers

1. How do I report fraud?
2. I moved to New Hanover County from another part of the State, how do I get my benefits transferred?
3. Can I get Social Security and Medicare from Social Services?
4. How can I get help with collecting my child support?
5. If my teenager wants to get a job, what do I have to do?
6. Can I get help with transportation to and from work or Medical appointments?
7. How can I get help paying my rent, light bill, etc.?
8. How Can You Support and Strengthen the Community?
9. How do I apply for a job with DSS?
10. How do I get to your office?
11. What are your hours?