How do I report fraud?

If you suspect fraudulent activity involving Medicaid Providers (doctors, pharmacies, etc.,), you should contact the Program Integrity Section of the North Carolina Division of Medical Assistance. You can reach the Program Integrity Section toll-free by calling the CARE-LINE at 800-662-7030 and asking for the DMA Program Integrity Section.

To report fraudulent activity involving grocers, you should contact the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) at 910-790-2929.

To report recipient fraud in any program, contact the Department of Social Services in which the recipient lives. For New Hanover County Department of Social Services, call 910-798-3500.

Show All Answers

1. How do I report fraud?
2. I moved to New Hanover County from another part of the State, how do I get my benefits transferred?
3. Can I get Social Security and Medicare from Social Services?
4. How can I get help with collecting my child support?
5. If my teenager wants to get a job, what do I have to do?
6. Can I get help with transportation to and from work or Medical appointments?
7. How can I get help paying my rent, light bill, etc.?
8. How Can You Support and Strengthen the Community?
9. How do I apply for a job with DSS?
10. How do I get to your office?
11. What are your hours?