What if I have special needs?

If you are confined to a bed, immobilized by illness, on oxygen, or have other special needs that would be helpful for emergency responders to know, please submit a Computer Aid Dispatch (CAD) Information Form (PDF) to the 911 Communications Center. The information will be added to your location in the Computer-Aided Dispatch (CAD) system, and will be displayed automatically when 911 is called from your location.

Please fax forms to 910-798-6925 or mail to:

New Hanover County 911 Communications
230 Government Center Dr., Suite 185
Wilmington, NC 28403

Additionally, you are encouraged to sign up for the Special Needs Registry in case an emergency or disaster affects our area.

Show All Answers

1. Can my cellphone dial 911 if it has been disconnected?
2. What if I have special needs?
3. What should I do if I accidentally call 911?
4. Can I text 911?
5. How do I request a record from a 911 call?